Fraser Logan fired home in added time to give Lewes a first win of the Ryman premier season tonight.
And there was also delight for Peacehaven in the same division.
Rooks beat Grays 3-2 at the Dripping Pan having fallen behind after ten minutes when Freddie Ladapo conceded a penalty.
Elliott Romain brought them level on 39 minutes when he poked the ball home from substitute Steve Brinkhurst’s header down.
Rooks went ahead on the interval with a fabulous Sam Cole strike following the dismissal of Manny Parry for a foul on Romain.
Grays later had Jonathan Glowacki sent off but drew level on 81 minutes through Jordan Wilson after good work by ex-Burnley winger Glen Little. But Logan struck in the 96th minute.
Peacehaven boss Shaun Saunders praised a fired-up display as they won 2-0 at home to Met Police.
James Fraser and Josh Jones produced fine second-half finishes after good moves and Tony di Bernado made a super save to avert a nervous finale.
Saunders said: “The win had been coming. Things have not been going for us but we were really determined.
"I got performances from every player."
Horsham YMCA lost 2-0 to Redhill in their FA Cup replay.
In division one of the County League, a George Gaskin hat-trick helped Littlehampton beat Dorking Wanderers 6-2.
Rooks count cost - in The Argus on Thursday
- Revealed: How Albion top the earnings in Championship TV league
- How Southgate went from dodging concrete pillars in a Crawley car park to managing England at Wembley
- On-loan Hunt is toughening up for Albion return
- Albion the TV money kings of the Championship
- Barber welcomes Albion's high profile as 17th game is picked for TV