Albion’s strikers have been backed to make sparks fly – by the man who faces them every day in training.
David Stockdale reckons the Seagulls’ new collection of frontrunners can cause serious damage in the Championship. And they can only benefit from some work in training during the current lay-off.
Albion were on the wrong end of a double strike from Charlton forward Igor Vetokele last Saturday and needed defender Lewis Dunk to respond.
But keeper Stockdale said: “The strikers we have brought in and the strikers we have already got are all goalscorers and they will come good.
“We will all come good as a team and it’s nice to know goals are coming from everywhere. The chances we had with Adrian (Colunga) and Joao (Teixeira) show we are creating.
“One day we will run out 5-0 winners and people will say ‘Where did that come from?’.”
- Hyypia would not have done anything differently
- Albion face double Dutch competition for keeper
- Albion plan loan move for keeper Walton
- Tilley takes part in defeat for Albion under-21s
- Albion Analysis: Hughton has to change the mood as well as the team