Albion’s strikers have been backed to make sparks fly – by the man who faces them every day in training.
David Stockdale reckons the Seagulls’ new collection of frontrunners can cause serious damage in the Championship. And they can only benefit from some work in training during the current lay-off.
Albion were on the wrong end of a double strike from Charlton forward Igor Vetokele last Saturday and needed defender Lewis Dunk to respond.
But keeper Stockdale said: “The strikers we have brought in and the strikers we have already got are all goalscorers and they will come good.
“We will all come good as a team and it’s nice to know goals are coming from everywhere. The chances we had with Adrian (Colunga) and Joao (Teixeira) show we are creating.
“One day we will run out 5-0 winners and people will say ‘Where did that come from?’.”
- Hughes reckons exhausting cup test can help Albion in the league
- The call was to Be Bold - but what did you make of Albion's big cup trip to Spurs? (With video)
- Cup call-up was a shock admits Walton
- Hyypia hails keeper Walton as he earns his spurs on cup debut
- Rusk happy to see his Albion teens face new challenge