Liam Bridcutt is closing in on his long-awaited move to Sunderland.
The midfielder is heading north for a medical with the clubs believed to have agreed a fee of around £3 million.
A move to the Stadium of Light would end weeks of doubt over the future of the midfielder, who put in a transfer request earlier this month.
- Albion midfielder Sidwell aiming for six of the best in the Premier League
- Skalak aims to turn tears to cheers on return to Hillsborough
- Sidwell says Albion have not hit their peak form yet - but they are getting there
- Albion nostalgia: Martin double could have headed off the great Hillsborough hoodoo
- Hughton says Albion and Owls have the squads to make top six again