Albion midfielder Dale Stephens has told fans his sacked former boss “deserved better”.
Charlton manager Chris Powell has been sacked, less than 48 hours after his side played in an FA Cup quarter-final.
Powell had been attempting to mastermind a fight against relegation, despite losing key players including Stephens, who joined Albion on deadline day in January.
Stephens tweeted: “This game is ruthless, can't say I'm surprised. No place for loyalty unfortunately, he deserved better.”
Powell signed Stephens for Charlton in the summer of 2011 and led them to the League One title the following season.
- Albion prospect Connolly leads the Euro goal chart - after putting football before hurling
- Albion winger has the world at his feet
- Injuries open door for young batsmen to shine at Sussex
- Hawks throw away so much good work - and now they are back in a relegation scrap
- Albion ace Kayal battles his way back again from surgery