Albion midfielder Dale Stephens has told fans his sacked former boss “deserved better”.
Charlton manager Chris Powell has been sacked, less than 48 hours after his side played in an FA Cup quarter-final.
Powell had been attempting to mastermind a fight against relegation, despite losing key players including Stephens, who joined Albion on deadline day in January.
Stephens tweeted: “This game is ruthless, can't say I'm surprised. No place for loyalty unfortunately, he deserved better.”
Powell signed Stephens for Charlton in the summer of 2011 and led them to the League One title the following season.
- Walton named in England squad
- Albion miss out on midfield target
- Jordan expected to hand Sussex Championship boost
- Learning fast - now Forster-Caskey is backed to make final Euro cut
- Ex Albion pair retain international spots