Albion midfielder Dale Stephens has told fans his sacked former boss “deserved better”.
Charlton manager Chris Powell has been sacked, less than 48 hours after his side played in an FA Cup quarter-final.
Powell had been attempting to mastermind a fight against relegation, despite losing key players including Stephens, who joined Albion on deadline day in January.
Stephens tweeted: “This game is ruthless, can't say I'm surprised. No place for loyalty unfortunately, he deserved better.”
Powell signed Stephens for Charlton in the summer of 2011 and led them to the League One title the following season.
- Video: Bent on target as Albion draw at Wolves
- Hyypia: Albion deserved to win
- Bent: Bruno red changed the game
- Video: Watch as Crawley lose at home to Port Vale in League One
- Non-league round-up: Borough and Peacehaven stun leaders