Albion midfielder Dale Stephens has told fans his sacked former boss “deserved better”.
Charlton manager Chris Powell has been sacked, less than 48 hours after his side played in an FA Cup quarter-final.
Powell had been attempting to mastermind a fight against relegation, despite losing key players including Stephens, who joined Albion on deadline day in January.
Stephens tweeted: “This game is ruthless, can't say I'm surprised. No place for loyalty unfortunately, he deserved better.”
Powell signed Stephens for Charlton in the summer of 2011 and led them to the League One title the following season.
- Relieved Hughton warns Albion still have work to do
- Albion star LuaLua head-over-heels about reunion with Hughton
- Whitehawk boss King named manager of the month
- Colvin coming back to play for Sussex Women
- McLeod scoops top award and thanks his team-mates