Albion midfielder Dale Stephens has told fans his sacked former boss “deserved better”.
Charlton manager Chris Powell has been sacked, less than 48 hours after his side played in an FA Cup quarter-final.
Powell had been attempting to mastermind a fight against relegation, despite losing key players including Stephens, who joined Albion on deadline day in January.
Stephens tweeted: “This game is ruthless, can't say I'm surprised. No place for loyalty unfortunately, he deserved better.”
Powell signed Stephens for Charlton in the summer of 2011 and led them to the League One title the following season.
- Former Albion star serves up stark warning
- Macca warming up with the Hatters
- Pitch the only winner as Sussex bowlers toil at Edgbaston
- Vicente a magician but there is a Case to opt for Jimmy
- Blow for Crawley as player of the year Dickson joins Yeovil