Albion midfielder Dale Stephens has told fans his sacked former boss “deserved better”.
Charlton manager Chris Powell has been sacked, less than 48 hours after his side played in an FA Cup quarter-final.
Powell had been attempting to mastermind a fight against relegation, despite losing key players including Stephens, who joined Albion on deadline day in January.
Stephens tweeted: “This game is ruthless, can't say I'm surprised. No place for loyalty unfortunately, he deserved better.”
Powell signed Stephens for Charlton in the summer of 2011 and led them to the League One title the following season.
- Albion preparing for an even tougher and more colourful challenge in the Championship
- Albion in talks to extend goalkeeper's stay
- Wilson has new boss to impress as Mourinho is confirmed as Manchester United manager
- Wright's comeback delayed
- Chris Adams column: Courage of Yardy is an inspiration to us all