Albion midfielder Dale Stephens has told fans his sacked former boss “deserved better”.
Charlton manager Chris Powell has been sacked, less than 48 hours after his side played in an FA Cup quarter-final.
Powell had been attempting to mastermind a fight against relegation, despite losing key players including Stephens, who joined Albion on deadline day in January.
Stephens tweeted: “This game is ruthless, can't say I'm surprised. No place for loyalty unfortunately, he deserved better.”
Powell signed Stephens for Charlton in the summer of 2011 and led them to the League One title the following season.
- Altogether now! How Albion look for 2014-15 (and a few from yesteryear)
- Beating Blackpool is now a big deal for Albion. But don't expect it to be easy
- Dream ticket as Albion complete Amex upgrade
- Albion face new-look Cardiff, Adams says farewell at Vale - and now Magath goes
- Teixeira has extra reason to get back in the Albion limelight