Former Liverpool defender Sami Hyypia is the new favourite to take over as Albion manager.
Hyppia’s odds were slashed to a best-price Evens today as the Seagulls hunt for a successor to Oscar Garcia.
The Finn was being quoted as odds-on with two bookies.
Hyypia was linked with the Albion job last month and is keen to get back into management.
He was dismissed by Bayer Leverkusen two months ago.
Albion spoke to contenders last week and the quest to replace Oscar is continuing.
- With Video: The Brighton rock standing between Albion and a rare away win
- Stockdale is feeling "fit and ready" for Albion return
- Poyet: I didn't go for Ulloa - but now we've got to stop him!
- Lewes sign Breach and Lovegrove
- Crawley boss Gregory's hopes of new signings for Scunthorpe clash are touch and go