Jordan Roberts scored twice in the second half as Crawley Town ended a nine-game winless run with a 3-2 victory over Grimsby Town at the Stadium.

James Collins had given Reds the lead with his ninth goal of the season only for Omar Bogle to level on the stroke of half-time.

Roberts restored Crawley’s lead when he volleyed home from Collins’ cross and then curled home direct from a corner with 11 minutes to go.

Bogle set up a nervous finale with his 16th goal of the season but Reds goalkeeper Glenn Morris preserved the win in injury time by denying Tom Bolarinwa.

The result lifted Crawley to 16th place in League Two, just three points below the Mariners who slipped to tenth.

Reds started brightly and carved out two good chances in the opening five minutes. Adi Yussuf headed wide from a Jordan Roberts cross and then Collins fired into the side netting.

Grimsby arrived in good form and began to find some rhythm with Kayden Jackson forcing Glenn Morris into a good save and Bogle and Luke Summerfield firing over.

The visitors were on top when Reds took the lead with a well-executed counter-attack. Yussuf broke down the right before picking out Collins who cut inside Josh Gowling before firing low past James McKeown at the near post.

Grimsby equalised on the stroke of half time. Andre Blackman was only able to deflect Tom Bolarinwa’s cross and it looped kindly for Bogle to head home.

Bogle almost gave the visitors the lead in audacious fashion straight after the restart. His 30-yard effort from out on the right wing dipped over Morris but landed on the roof of the net.

Instead the home side got their noses in front again midway through the half with another superbly executed counter-attack.

Billy Clifford set Collins away down the right and his low cross was met on the volley by Roberts to give McKeown no chance.

Reds should have had a third when they broke away again but Yussuf shot wastefully over after being put through by Roberts.

Drummy’s men did give themselves a two-goal cushion with 11 minutes to go as Roberts’ corner snuck in at the near post.

Bogle curled home a beauty to make it 3-2 in the 89th minute before Josh Payne hit the crossbar for Reds.

Bolarinwa had a chance to wrap up victory but his shot was well saved by Morris in injury time.