Braised beef short rib with lobster dumpling, sauteed carrots and garlic mayonnaise (From The Argus)
Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Braised beef short rib with lobster dumpling, sauteed carrots and garlic mayonnaise
4:26pm Monday 2nd April 2012 in Dining In
From English's Oyster Bar
1 bulb garlic
1 stalk celery
2 kg beef short ribs
1 bay leaf
200 ml red wine
50g lobster meat, cooked
8 wonton sheets
Method 1. Roast whole bulb of garlic in oven at 150 degrees for 25 minutes.
2. Remove and scrape garlic out and mash with back of spoon.
3. Mix with mayonnaise and set aside.
1. Adjust oven to 200 degrees.
2. Chop 1 carrot, onion and celery.
3. Pan sear short ribs to seal.
4. Add chopped vegetables, bay leaf and thyme, season with salt and pepper and pour in wine.
5. Cover with water and braise in oven for two and a half hours, or until meat is falling of the bone. Leave to cool.
1. Roll cut two remaining carrots and place on tray with oil and seasoning.
2. Roast at 200 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
1. Dice cucumber and lobster meat.
2. Finely chop the haddock and mix with lobster, cucumber and salt and pepper.
3. Cut wonton papers into circles and fill middle with lobster mix.
4. Brush the outside of wonton paper with water and pinch edges together to make a money bag shape.
5. Blanch in boiling water for 30 seconds-1 minute and set aside.
1. Remove meat from top of the rib.
2. Strain liquid.
3. Place meat and liquid in pan and reduce on high heat until thickened.
4. Turn heat down and add dumplings, cook for three minutes.
Comments are closed on this article.