ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 TEMPORARY TRAFFIC ORDER - VALLEY GARDENS SCHEME - A23 GRAND PARADE, MARLBOROUGH PLACE, GLOUCESTER PLACE, ST GEORGES PLACE AND YORK PLACE, BRIGHTONNotice ID: MF0508887
BRIGHTON AND HOVE CITY COUNCIL
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 TEMPORARY TRAFFIC ORDER - VALLEY GARDENS SCHEME - A23 GRAND PARADE, MARLBOROUGH PLACE, GLOUCESTER PLACE, ST GEORGES PLACE AND YORK PLACE, BRIGHTON
1. NOTICE is hereby given that Brighton & Hove City Council have on the 16th August 2019 made an Order pursuant to powers in Section 14 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended which has the following effect-On the A23 for the Valley Gardens Scheme (Victoria Gardens) it is necessary for general traffic to go North and South on the Eastern side of the gardens (Grand Parade), and the Western side of the gardens (Marlborough Place, Gloucester Place, St Georges Place and York Place) will be for Buses, Taxi's, Emergency Services and access only.
To enable this to happen:
(a) It is necessary to temporarily prohibit the following on Marlborough Place, Gloucester Place, St Georges Place and York Place, between the junction with Church Street and the junction with St Peters Place:
- All Vehicular Traffic, except for Buses, Taxi's, Emergency Services and for access only.
- Waiting at any time.
(b) It is also necessary to make the footway on the east side of Marlborough Place and Gloucester Place into a shared space for Pedestrians and Cyclists.
(c) It is also necessary to prohibit the following:
- The left turn from North Road onto Gloucester Place, except for Buses, Taxi's, Emergency Services and for access only.
- The right hand turn; from Morley Street, Kingswood Street, and Gloucester Place onto Grand Parade, and from Gloucester Place/ Richmond Place onto Richmond Parade.
- All Vehicular Traffic and waiting at any time in the section of Marlborough Place west of the island from no.20 to the junction with North Road except for access.
(d) It is also necessary to temporarily revoke the following sections of existing Traffic Regulation Orders:
- The One -Way Order on the whole length of Grand Parade.
- The Southbound Bus Lane Order on Grand Parade.
- The prohibition of left hand turn from Marlborough Place onto Grand Parade opposite the junction with North Road.
- The prohibition of the right hand turn at the following junctions: from York Place on to St Peters Place, and Marlborough Place at its junction with North Road.
- The Northbound Bus Lane Order on Marlborough Place, Gloucester Place, St Georges Place and York Place.
2. The Order is necessary to allow the Valley Gardens Scheme to take place.
3. Pedestrian access will be maintained.
4.This Order comes into force on 26th August 2019 for liiiifcfc.. eighteen months or until such sooner time as the
works are completed.
Dated: 23rd August 2019.
Nick Hibberd, Executive Director Economy, Environment & Culture, Brighton & Hove City Council, Hove Town Hall, Norton Road, Hove BN3 3BQ.