ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984Notice ID: MFN0591614
BRIGHTON & HOVE CITY COUNCIL
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
BRIGHTON & HOVE (BUS LANES) CONSOLIDATION ORDER 2018 AMENDMENT ORDER NO.* 202* (TRO-26-2020)
NOTICE is hereby given that Brighton & Hove City Council ("the Council") proposes to make the Order named above under the relevant sections of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended, which if they come into force will be to alter the existing traffic management measures by: Changing the provisions of the Brighton & Hove (Bus Lanes) Consolidation Order 2018 by:
* Altering the articles to allow for Bus Gates in this order, it also amends the exemptions to make it clear to which apply to bus lanes, bus only routes and bus gates.
* Introducing Bus Gates at London Road at Preston Circus, Old Steine (southbound) just north of St James Street and south of St James Street, Old Steine (northbound) just north of Pool Valley on existing bus only routes
* Update the existing provisions of the bus lanes and bus routes on London Road, Beaconsfield Road and Old Steine.
* Update order so private hire vehicles are allowed on the sections of bus lanes where taxis are permitted.
* Update order to allow powered two-wheelers to use the section of bus lane on Preston Road (northbound) south of South Road.
A copy of this Notice, the proposed Order, plans showing the lengths of road affected and a statement of the council's reasons for proposing to make the Order may be seen online at
All objections and other representations relating to the proposed Order must be made in writing and all objections must specify the grounds on which they are made and should be sent to the Executive Director Economy, Environment & Culture, Brighton & Hove City Council, Parking Infrastructure, G40 Hove Town Hall, Norton Road Hove, BN3 3BQ quoting the TRO reference number shown above or bye-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
or online (see details above) no later than 25 January 2021. Please ensure you include your full name and address.
Dated: 4 January 2021
Executive Director Economy, Environment & Culture, Brighton & Hove City Council, c/o Parking Infrastructure, G40 Hove Town Hall, Norton Road, Hove BN3 3BQ