A COUPLE claim chicken from a fast-food chain was served to them raw..

Jack Saunders, 20, had picked up a bargain bucket and chicken strips from KFC in Western Road, Brighton, on Tuesday to take to his girlfriend, who was looking after their five-month-old baby.

A couple of hours after eating his lunch he was violently ill.

His girlfriend, Georgia Geddes, 18, who was with their son Lennox at the couple’s Brighton home, said she noticed how pink the chicken was and called the branch.

She did not eat any but her boyfriend had eaten six pieces.

Mr Saunders said: “At 3am I was in such a bad place.

“I’m quite a big lad and I’ve not had anything like this before.

“I had diarrhoea and I was being sick at the same time. I didn’t know what to do.”

Mr Saunders visited a doctor and is awaiting results. He said he suspected food poisoning.

A KFC spokeswoman said: “At KFC we take these allegations very seriously as food safety is of paramount importance to us and we have rigorous cooking processes and procedures in place to make such cases highly unlikely.

“We’re waiting to receive the product so that we can examine the allegation fully and until we have completed our investigation we’re unable to comment further.”

The couple contacted Environmental Health and the chicken is being picked up today for investigation.