A PLASTIC toilet seat wedged on a small boy’s head had to be cut off by firefighters.

The three-year-old caused his parents enough concern to call the fire service after the child-sized seat became stuck.

A fire crew was called to a family house in Vale Avenue, Brighton, at 7.50pm on Wednesday.

In a 20 minute operation, a junior hacksaw was used to cut through the toilet seat and remove it.

Neighbours said they say the fire engine outside and, not seeing hoses snaking across the pavement, wondered what was going on.

The boy’s parents told The Argus they “could see the funny side of it” but did not wish to elaborate.