RIVAL yoga gurus clashed in a midnight row over a giant heater used for steamy sessions.

Two people were injured and four people were arrested after police were called to reports of a break-in and disturbance at Dynamic Hot Yoga in Hove.

It is understood that Stuart Tranter, the former owner and founder of the business, had gone to the studio on Monday morning with a group of associates and a van to collect the room heater used to heat the studio for hot yoga sessions.

But he set off the alarm, alerting current business owner Aftab Miah and the police.

Aftab and a group including his brother and father turned up at Hove Business Centre at around 3am and a fight broke out.

A relative of Mr Tranter, also known as Yoga Stu, claimed Mr Tranter was seriously injured in the melee, after being beaten with a hammer or an iron bar.

But Aftab Miah denied any weapons were involved.

Mr Tranter’s sister told The Argus he had been at the building trying to retrieve property he believed was owed to him, and had suffered a broken nose and a broken wrist.

Mr Tranter, 51, from Hove, was treated for facial and arm injuries and spent at least a night in hospital.

Police confirmed there had been a complaint of a weapon used.

But Mr Miah said he and his family were defending themselves and their property.

He said Mr Tranter was banned from the property after a falling out.

Mr Miah said: “We called the police straight away and went to see what was going on.”

He said Mr Tranter injured himself as they tried to restrain him.

Mr Miah, who also owns Kismet Tandoori in Portland Road, confirmed the pair were former business partners, but had parted ways after he bought Mr Tranter out.

The Argus: Aftab Miah

The studio was closed on Monday as a result of damage caused in the disturbance.

Police confirmed a 51-year old Hove man was taken to the Royal Sussex County Hospital to be treated for facial and arm injuries and a 61-year old man was treated for minor facial injuries.

Four men from Hove were arrested, a 28-year old on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm, and three others aged 31, 23 and 20 were all arrested on suspicion of affray.

After being interviewed the four men were released on police bail until January 16 while police enquiries continue.