I'm an American, working in Brighton, and I sometimes have sex with other women. I would like to use those little squares of barrier material which protect you from germs. But where could I get them in your country?

The barriers are called "dams", and they consist of a thin square of rubber or latex, which you place between your mouth and your partner's erotic areas. They're sold in various flavours, including strawberry, mint, vanilla and chocolate.

They're made by a local firm called Pasante Healthcare, and you can reach their mail order suppliers on 01273 593069.