THE Crown Prosecution Service will hold talks with a woman who wants tougher sentences for the people she holds responsible for her father’s death.

Natalie Cadman believes three youths who attacked her should stand trial for manslaughter, claiming the assault in Burgess Hill caused the catastrophic brain bleed that killed her father Frank Milligan in 2016.

John Venn, 20, Hayden Garrett and Josh Hewes, both 21, were initially charged with affray and manslaughter.

They attacked Natalie, 37, and her brother-in-law Darren Wynne as they worked late to put the finishing touches to Upmarket 22, their family cafe in Church Road, with Frank on the night of May 13.

Natalie, from Burgess Hill, was assaulted and Frank stepped in to protect her. He died shortly after.

Venn, Garrett and Hewes had their manslaughter charges dropped last month, and pleaded guilty to affray.

They are due for sentencing on March 14.

The manslaughter charge was dropped after a judge ordered a medical report and Natalie has since contacted the CPS in a bid to have the case reviewed, with the hope of them being tried for the manslaughter of Frank.

She told The Argus: “I am concerned about the message this sends out.

“We have had 18 months of waiting, living our lives on hold.

“A few more days or weeks makes very little difference.

“It’s about the right thing, and people being held accountable for their actions.”

A CPS spokeswoman said: “The CPS is in the process of responding to concerns raised in relation to this case and our decision that there was no longer a realistic prospect of conviction for the offence of manslaughter.

“Until we have addressed those concerns directly with the individuals who raised them, it would be inappropriate for us to comment further in the media about this.”

Natalie and her family are being supported by Burgess Hill councillor Pru Moore in their appeal process.

When we contacted Sussex Police for a comment, they reiterated what Detective Chief Inspector Rachel Carr said recently.

“A joint medical report was ordered by the trial judge and following receipt of this, the CPS requested this charge was discontinued, which was accepted by the court,” said Det Ch Insp Carr.

“We appreciate how frustrating this must be for the Milligan family and our sympathies are with them.”