THE INQUEST into the Shoreham air crash will look at how air shows are licensed, safety measures for spectators as well as the actions of the pilot.

West Sussex Coroner Penelope Schofield has released more details of the scope of her inquiry - and has indicated she plans to hold an investigation how future similar deaths can be prevented.

The victim's families were yesterday told the coroner's extended scope meant their pleas for legal aid would be reconsidered.

Now the coroner has said agreed for her full ruling to be published.

Ms Scofield said her inquiry would "investigate the circumstances that led to the death of 11 individuals following the crashing of a Hawker Hunter T7 Registration G-BXFI onto the A27 Shoreham bypass whilst performing an air display at the Shoreham Airshow on August 22, 2015."

She said that the inquest would include but not be limited to

l The licensing, control and safety of all air shows

l The organisation, planning and running of the 2015 Shoreham Airshow

l The safety measures and risk assessment put in place to protect those attending show and those watching from the A27 bypass.

l The management and control of the flying display.

l The training and experience of pilot Andy Hill and

l Hill's actions on the day

Ms Scofield added that she also intended to hold an Article 2 inquest under the European Court of Human Rights.

Article 2 inquests look into the duty of the state to prevent loss of live.

Ms Schofield said she had concluded from the Air Accident Investigation report published last year that there was "sufficient evidence to suggest that there may have been system failures"

Ms Schofield concluded: "There appears that there is very little disagreement between all the properly interested persons over my initial thoughts on what should fall within the scope of the inquest.

"Further areas may fall within the scope of this inquest once full disclosure has been provided so I propose to keep the scope of this inquest under review."

Last week Hill, 54, from Hertfordshire, was formally charged with 11 counts of manslaughter by gross negligence. He is due to appear before Westminster Magistrates' Court on April 19.

The inquest will not be heard until criminal proceedings are completed - next year at the earliest.

A hearing scheduled for next week has been postponed.