A MAN arrested on suspicion of murder has been released as friends pay tribute to a young mother found dead.

The body of 21-year-old Sarah Clayton was found in a tent at Buckle Holiday Park in Marine Parade, Seaford, on Sunday morning.

A 28-year-old man from Littlehampton, who was known to Miss Clayton, was arrested on suspicion of murder shortly after the discovery, with police detaining him for two days before releasing him under investigation yesterday afternoon.

Miss Clayton, from Yapton, near Arundel, leaves behind a five-year-old daughter, and she had become engaged to boyfriend Chris Cole on April 23.

Her best friend, Kerri Jade, paid tribute to the “caring and loving” woman who had dreams of the perfect family life.

Miss Jade, 22, told The Argus: “I don’t think it’s quite sunk in really.

“I’m just thinking ‘how and why’. She was my best friend.

“I spoke to her at about 10pm the night before it happened and she was fine.

“Then one of our mutual friends messaged me and told me. I didn’t believe them.

“We are still in shock and hoping we will get a message from her saying 'it’s not me', but we won’t.”

Miss Jade met Miss Clayton nine years ago at an under-18s nightclub event, and the two then attended Regis School in Bognor.

She moved into Miss Clayton’s home for a year, too, before the latter went on to study hair and beauty at Chichester College.

“We were like sisters,” said Miss Jade.

“No matter how we fell out, if I needed someone she would be there.

“She used to be a party girl, but she changed. The past year and a half she was getting her life back on track.

“That’s why it’s such a shock.

“I hadn’t seen her this happy in a very long time.

“Her and Chris were trying for a baby and they were engaged.

“Sarah wanted the family life. She wanted to get married and have children.

“They were looking for a house.

“She was so loving and caring. She had been through so much herself that she knew what she wanted.”

Miss Jade last saw her friend on May 1, when they had dinner together at Miss Jade’s Littlehampton home.

Her three-year-old daughter, Olivia, had a close relationship with Miss Clayton, who she called “Auntie Sarah”.

“I haven’t told my daughter yet,” said Miss Jade.

“I don’t know what to say to her. She loved Sarah – she used to always be at my house.”

A 50th birthday party took place at the campsite over the weekend, and Miss Clayton’s body was found at 7am.

The man was arrested at about the same time.

Miss Clayton’s cause of death is yet to be established, despite a post-mortem being carried out on Monday.

Her family have asked for privacy as they mourn.

The murder investigation is ongoing, police said.

Detective Chief Inspector Emma Heater, of Sussex Police, said: “A post-mortem has been conducted and at this time the cause of death cannot be ascertained.

"Further investigations will have to be undertaken and these will take a number of weeks. We have family liaison officers supporting the family of Sarah and they have asked for privacy at this very difficult time.”

Officers are looking to speak to anyone who was at the birthday party in relation to Miss Clayton's death.

They are also keen to quiz dog walkers who were in the area on Sunday morning.

They should call the force on 101 quoting Operation Cobblestone, or go to sussex.police.uk.