A BUILDER has described the horrific scenes after two teenagers were stabbed in Brighton.

The youngsters were left with serious injuries after the incident at The Level at 11.45am yesterday.

Nearby Park Crescent was also cordoned off by police.

Builder Christopher O’Connor witnessed the aftermath, saying a young man was holding a blood-soaked jumper up to a knife wound in his neck, claiming to have been stabbed.

Mr O’Connor said: “I was coming out to get some materials and walking down Park Crescent when I saw some lad in standing there.

“He had a jumper over his neck and he was saying ‘I’ve been stabbed in the neck, I’ve been stabbed in the neck’.

“There was blood on his jumper he just kept saying ‘I’m getting weak, I’m getting weak’ and I was trying to talk him through.”

Read more: Two teenagers in hospital after stabbing at The Level

He said the young man was arrested when the ambulance and officers turned up.

Meanwhile witnesses reported seeing the area cordoned off by officers while forensics completed a search.

Scene of crime investigators were sent to Park Crescent, which was taped off.

Residents said they were concerned to see the drama on their doorsteps.

One bystander said that a fight had broken out between a group sat on a bench in Park Crescent.

Ryan Johnson, who had been using the skate-park near the bench where the incident occurred, said: "I think there was a fight and somebody pulled a knife out.

"There were police all around that bench, they were out with the forensic suits on.  

"I wasn't too close but there was a guy on the floor at the end of it, there was a member of the public who went in and helped him after.

Another bystander, who asked not to be named, said: "There were a group of homeless people around the bench and I think there was a bit of an argument, it sounded like they came to blows.

"There was definitely a knife involved and it looked like one person got hurt quite badly."

Forensics teams also searched an address at a block of flats in Park Crescent.

Two 18-year-old youths from London and a 16-year-old boy from Brighton were arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm with intent.

In a statement, Sussex Police said: “A verbal and physical altercation involving three people occurred, leaving two with serious injuries, believed to have been caused by a knife.

“The two injured people were taken to the Royal Sussex County Hospital.

“Two 18-year-old men from London and a 16-year-old boy from Brighton were arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm with intent.

“The trio remain in custody and the investigation is ongoing. “

Any witnesses are asked to report information on the Sussex Police website or call 101 and quote incident 450 of 17/09.