TWO town centre roads were closed because of a dangerous chimney.

Firefighters were called to Brunswick Road in Shoreham at noon today.

Nearby streets were closed by police, while crews used a cherrypicker to inspect the chimney stack above the Warwick Bakery.

The fire brigade was there for an hour and a half to fix the loose chimney pot.

A spokesman said: "We were called to a report of a loose chimney at a building in Brunswick Road, Shoreham at 12.02pm.

"One crew sent to the scene. On arrival, the crew used a roof ladder to investigate, and found two loose pots in a dangerous position.

"These have been removed, and the incident handed over to the building owner. We left at 13.31pm."

Adur and Worthing Police posted updates on social media, and thanked the public for their patience while the chimney was made safe.