A WOMAN who almost died after taking party drug GHB on a caravan holiday is warning others of the dangers.

Crystal Rose, 35, was told she was clinically dead – but doctors were able to resuscitate her.

Now the Brighton woman has described taking the drug, also known as “G”, as “Russian roulette” after her 30-hour ordeal in Newquay.

Ms Rose said she was “brought back from the dead to warn of the dangers surrounding the sedative liquid”.

She said the drug is popular with the gay community and is used to heighten sexual pleasure. She said “chem sex parties” are rife in homes across the city.

Ms Rose said: “It doesn’t matter if it’s your first time taking it or your 50th, you can die.

“I didn’t know about the dangers until I had an overdose.”

GHB is an odourless, oily liquid, with a slightly salty taste, and is usually sold in small bottles or capsules.

It makes users feel euphoric, with a loss of inhibitions, increased confidence and a higher sex drive.

Ms Rose was on a caravan holiday in Newquay with partner Sacha Simpson, 41, when she took the drug.

Within minutes, she began “tweaking like a robot”, drooling and vomiting.

Moments later, she was unconscious and her partner frantically performed chest compressions in a desperate bid to save her life.

When ambulance crews arrived some 20 minutes later, Ms Rose’s pulse was faint.

She became critically ill on the way to Royal Cornwall Hospital in Truro.

Once she arrived, “fantastic NHS” doctors rushed to save her life. And after 30 hours of medical help, including an induced coma, her life was saved.

She was later told she had died during the ordeal, but was brought back by doctors.

Ms Rose described the near death experience as “totally black”.

She said: “After I was out cold, I have no memories until I woke up in the hospital.

“It’s very emotional and very traumatic and I still have a pain in my chest as they had to pump it for so long.”

Drugs experts say it is easy to overdose on GHB because there is a small difference between causing the desired effects and taking a fatal amount.

Ms Simpson backed Ms Rose’s warning. She said: “It’s the most dangerous drug available – and it is very available. This drug has been going for about ten years, but the situation is getting worse and the death rates are getting higher and higher. Just say no, it’s not worth your life.”