A MOTHER has paid tribute to her loving son who “had friends everywhere and made them wherever he went”.

Luke Blackhurst was described as someone always up for a laugh and “very witty”.

The 24-year-old, who lived in supported housing, was violently sick in January this year after a night out with some pals.

He was found dead in his home in Sillwood Street, Brighton, where he lived alone, a couple of days later.

His mother, Rebecca, said: “His death has come as a total shock to so many people.

“Spending time with Luke is really going to be something we all miss.

“He loved being around people and tried his best to make people happy around him.

“Despite his autistic diagnosis, Luke faced his fears and conquered his weaknesses.”

Rebecca said her son was a brilliant artist and poet, yet incredibly modest about his abilities.

She described him as an honest and loyal person, who always treated both men and women with respect, and she could trust him with her life.

She said: “He loved giving people a hug, going for walks and going out for something to eat or drink.

“Luke didn’t ask much of people and gave a lot of love and was loved back.

“Do not let death be a barrier, carry on speaking to Luke, you can still talk to him and if you listen very carefully, he’ll have an answer in a different way.

“It may be a different kind of communication, a slight signal or a melody in a song or a memory you shared with him, a shadow or light.”

An inquest into his death heard Mr Blackhurst had consumed drugs while on a night out with friends before his death.

He was found dead in his flat a couple of days later by the caretakers, who were concerned after his mother had not heard from him, with a plate of noodles next to him.

His last internet search was questioning how dangerous it is to eat out-of-date noodles.

At the opening inquest, Dr Catherine Guy, who carried out the postmortem, said there was no sign of food poisoning so this cause of death was ruled out.

She did find the young man had vomit in his airways and detected ketamine which, if abused, can make the user drowsy and be sick, and then die from choking, the court heard.

The inquest has been adjourned until October 10.