A MAN has been arrested on suspicion of supplying a drug that caused himself and two other men to fall ill.

Three men were taken ill in Hastings after apparently swallowing pills from a contaminated batch of the controlled drug Xanax.

They were found unconscious at White Rock, Hastings, on Friday afternoon  and weretreated at the Conquest Hospital.

>> SEE ALSO: Hastings Police issue URGENT drug warning after three men ‘found unconscious’

Two of the men, aged 40 and 54, have since been released from medical care.

A 51-year-old man who died on Monday, August 5 is thought to have been among those who took the drug.

His death is still under investigation.

Inspector Aidan Cornwall, of Hastings Police, said: “We had previously warned that people were at risk from this drug and that warning remains.

“We would urge anyone who has taken these tablets to seek urgent medical attention and to safely dispose of any they may have acquired.”

Following treatment, Friday’s third casualty, a man aged 55, was arrested on suspicion of supplying the drug and has been bailed until Saturday, September 7.