AN ASPIRING rapper, who is banned from Asda, breached a restraining order.

Mary Thorpe – who also goes by the name Fatu Mary – had been ordered to stay away from former friend Anthony Ward after turning to drink and drugs and hounding him for money.

But Thorpe, of no fixed address, appeared at his home in Arundel Street, Brighton, on Sunday evening.

Brighton Magistrates’ Court was told Thorpe had been given a five-year restraining order banning her from contacting Mr Ward.

She had only been in court on another matter two days before breaching the order.

She also had bail conditions placed on her banning her from entering Asda at Brighton Marina.

She was already serving a suspended sentence – now activated for her latest crime – and so must serve 24 weeks in jail.

On her LinkedIn profile Thorpe describes herself as a rapper, singer and songwriter from Moulsecoomb.

Martina Sherlock, prosecuting, said: “The restraining order prevented her from entering Arundel Road or contacting Anthony Ward.

“On August 11 officers were called to Arundel Road by Mr Ward, he had dialled 999 as she was at the address demanding money.

“Police arrived but she had left. Whilst officers were speaking to Mr Ward she reappeared and rang the bell.

“She was arrested for breach of the restraining order.

“Mr Ward had previously been friends with Miss Thorpe however she started taking drugs and drinking excessively and started harassing him and turning up at his property demanding money.

“A restraining order of five years was imposed to run until March 2024.”

“In this latest incident she repeatedly attended his address to ask for money.

Defending herself in court Thorpe said: “I was going to get some food from Asda at Brighton Marina and went through that way.”

She admitted she had been in Arundel Road but said she had only gone to Mr Ward’s home when she saw the police there.

But she admitted breaching the restraining order.

She blamed being homeless and unable to secure housing for her actions.

She said: “I’m not a priority for the council because I don’t have a drink problem or mental health.

“I need to get work so I can concentrate on looking after my one-and-a-half-year-old son who lives in London with my auntie.”

Magistrates sentenced Thorpe to 12 weeks in custody for breaching her suspended sentence, they added a further 12 weeks for breaching the restraining order.