THE JURY in a rape trial found a suspect not guilty.

Tre Bunby had been accused of two counts on a teenage girl in East Sussex.

The 26-year-old stood trial at Lewes Crown Court this month after the accusation was made by the girl, who cannot be identified for legal reasons.

Mr Bunby, a father-of-two and hairdresser, formerly of Eastbourne and Peacehaven, stood trial over seven days before Judge Mark Van Der Zwart.

Rachel Beckett, prosecuting, said Bunby was accused of forcing himself on the teenage girl in her bed and raping her.

But Mr Bunby, represented by Brian Shaw, said the girl was downstairs and said there was no sexual contact between them.

On Friday the jury was asked to consider its verdict on the two charges.

In a unanimous verdict they acquitted Tre Bunby on Friday last week.