THE GRANDMOTHER of a four-year-old boy killed in an arson attack has made an emotional appeal for information to catch his killer.

Milo Ingles-Bailey, four, and his mother Gina Ingles, 34, were killed in the blaze in Croxden Way, Eastbourne, last July.

Detectives are keen to locate two people seen in this CCTV footage, who may hold vital information about the fire.

Gina’s mother has also made an emotional appeal for help.

She said: “Losing a child at any time is devastating. It’s heartbreaking the whole family is still in shock.

“But losing my daughter Gina and grandson Milo in such a violent way has been very hard to come to hard to come to terms with.

“Trying to explain to Milo’s cousins that they’ll never see him again is heartbreaking.

“We feel cheated, angry and helpless, but the person who committed this cowardly crime is still out there.”

Detective Chief Inspector Mike Ashcroft, said: “In the past 14 months we have spoken to a number of people and followed up multiple lines of enquiry, and we will continue to investigate any new information which comes to light. We have made some significant progress during this time and I am as convinced today as I was in July of last year that someone knows who is guilty of this terrible crime. Do the right thing and tell the police what you know.

“We continue to be extremely grateful to the local community for their continued support and co-operation, and I would personally like to thank everyone who has come forward with any information to this date.

“However, we remain just as determined now as we were in July 2018 to locate the person – or people – responsible for this horrific offence and bring them to justice. This deliberate criminal act claimed the lives of a mother and her young son, and has severely affected the life of another man.”

Gina’s partner Toby Jarrett, 27, was also in the house at the time of the fire, but managed to escape through a first floor window. He was seriously burnt but later released from hospital.

Two local men, aged 47 and 23, were arrested on suspicion of two counts of murder and one of attempted murder – the 23-year-old remains released under investigation pending further enquiries; the 47-year-old was released without charge and will face no further action.

Anyone with any information is urged to report it online or call 101, quoting Operation Druffield.

The case will feature on Crimewatch Roadshow on BBC1 tonight.