THE family of a man who died five days after a brutal assault are desperate to know if the attack contributed to his death.

Cameron Devlin died suddenly on Boxing Day, five days after being attacked in North Street, Brighton,  during a night out. 

Cameron suffered head injuries in the assault. 

Police are trying to work out whether it led to his death.

The 34-year-old’s wife and family are desperate for the truth and are asking for help to find out what happened.

In a statement they said: “Every night in Brighton a vibrant mix of people enjoy what this city is famous for – a great place to meet and celebrate life.

“Sadly, for Cameron, this night out ended in a brutal attack. 

 “Five days later, Cameron passed away and the police are investigating whether this assault was in any way connected to his death.

“His wife, parents, family and friends are asking for your help and support for the investigation so that we can get to the truth for Cameron.”

Cameron died at his home in Albany Villas, Hove, in the early hours of Boxing Day. 

Four people were arrested near Brighton Station shortly after the attack on him.

Three 18-year-old men and a 19-year-old man, all from Crawley, arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm with intent, have been released under investigation pending further enquiries.

Meanwhile police yesterday released CCTV footage of a fifth suspect they want to talk to. 

The footage, which shows the man with arms outstretched,was filmed in North Street around the time of the assault. 

Anyone who recognises him or who has any further information about the assault is asked to report it online or call 101 quoting Operation Curve.

A spokesman for Sussex Police said:  “Cameron Devlin, 34, from Hove, sadly died after being taken to the Royal Sussex County Hospital on Boxing Day.

“Detectives are working to establish if his death is linked to the head injuries he sustained in an assault in North Street, Brighton, shortly before 4am on Saturday,  December 21.

“The cause of death remains under investigation at this stage and anyone with any information is urged to report it.”

Detectives are also urging anyone with CCTV or dash cam footage of  the area – including taxis – which may have captured the incident to come forward.