A MAN who died after being brutally attacked in the street can finally be laid to rest by his family.

Cameron Devlin, 34, died on Boxing Day having been assaulted during a night out in North Street on December 21.

Now Brighton and Hove coroner Veronica Hamilton-Deeley has decided Cameron’s wife Chatrin Tolga can finally hold his funeral as police continue to try to find out whether the attack caused his death.

Coroner’s officer Arianna Palermo told Brighton Coroner’s court that recording studio manager Mr Devlin’s health had deteriorated rapidly in the days following the attack.

Ms Palermo said: “Cameron Thomas Devlin died at 6.15am on December 26 at the Royal Sussex County Hospital.

“In the early morning of December 21, police were called to reports of a male assaulted in North Street.

“The man identified himself to officers as Cameron Devlin. Due to his injuries he was taken to the Royal Sussex County Hospital and discharged later that day.

“His condition continued to deteriorate in the days that followed and on December 26 he suffered a cardiac arrest at home.

“An ambulance was called and he was taken to the Royal Sussed County Hospital but died.”

The inquest was told that a post mortem showed Mr Devlin, of Albany Villas, Hove, died as a result of multi-organ failure and sepsis and that he also had an injury to his right arm.

Detective Inspector Ian Still, the senior investigating officer looking into the circumstances surrounding Cameron’s death, told the coroner: “We have lots of lines of enquiry.

“A number of people have been arrested and further lines of enquiry are progressing to try to understand the full circumstances and facts.”

Mrs Veronica Hamilton-Deeley agreed to suspend the inquest for six months while police investigate and she allowed Cameron’s body to be released for his funeral.

Four men from Crawley were arrested near Brighton Station on suspicion of grievous bodily harm with intent, shortly after the attack.

They have been released under investigation.