A “DEPRAVED” rapist who left two victims traumatised after late-night attacks has had his prison sentence increased.

Wilfred Marodza, from Eastbourne, stalked one woman then dragged her by the neck into a secluded park.

She was abducted and raped three times on the night she celebrated her university graduation, a court heard.

Marodza forced her to strip and threatened to kill her as he raped her three times. After the attack he told her: “I’m going to have to bury you now.”

An hour later Marodza attacked a second victim waiting at a bus stop, but she managed to scream and he then ran away.

The 28-year-old trainee solicitor was caught because he had left his bag containing his work ID card at the bar where he had been drinking in London.

Marodza was first jailed for 14 years at Inner London Crown Court, but now the sentence has been increased to 16 years, with a five-year extension on his licence following a review by the Solicitor General Michael Ellis QC MP.

Rt Hon Mr Ellis said: “Marodza subjected his victims to depraved, callous attacks, resulting in serious emotional trauma.

“I am pleased the Court of Appeal agreed he should serve a longer sentence, and hope the increase brings some comfort to the victims.”

Previously The Evening Standard reported how Marozdo, a Zimbabwean national who lived in Sussex, had been out drinking with friends near London Bridge in July last year. He was thrown out of the bar for drunken behaviour and harassing women, it was reported.

Marodza told the court he had been separated from his mother between the age of four and 11, and had struggled in his legal career since graduating from the University of Kent in 2012.

He entered the legal profession to please his mother, but had to settle for years of bar work before being taken on at Cripps Pemberton Greenish.

Marodza apologised for the “unimaginable horror, pain and sorrow to the victims, their families and friends” that he had caused and said: “My actions were evil”.

He admitted four counts of rape, kidnapping and a charge of committing an offence with intent to commit a sexual offence.

The Court of Appeal increased Marodza’s sentence following a review by the Solicitor General. He will remain on the sex offenders register for life.