A GRINNING teenager who pushed a six-year-old boy off a 100ft platform was among those jailed in June.

Jonty Bravery, 18, formerly of Brighton, was jailed for at least 15 years for throwing the boy from the Tate Modern in London.

The boy suffered devastating injuries, but survived.

Bravery was said to have had “a big smile on his face” when he was challenged by horrified onlookers – including the child’s distraught and disbelieving parents –moments after hurling the youngster over railings.

The judge in his case at The Old Bailey told him he may never be released after jailing him for attempted murder.

Crawley paedophile Adam Arnold is also facing a lengthy spell behind bars for admitting four rapes on a girl and eight other sex offences.

The 32-year-old, of Webb Close, Crawley, was jailed for 15 years.

After the case Detective Constable Ellen Jones said: “This young girl had endured the trauma and distress of what happened to her, in secret, and we admire all the more her courage and resolution in now supporting both our investigation and the prosecution.”

Drug dealer Andi Dema was stopped by police in Hove while driving without insurance or a valid licence.

Police found two bags of cocaine in the pocket of the door of his car.

Dema, 31, of Denmark Villas, Hove, was jailed for two years and eight months.

Disgraced former university lecturer Jane Challenger-Gillett was back in court over racist abuse.

The 55-year-old, of Charlotte Street, Brighton, was jailed for six months for the incidents involving attacks on police officers and for breaching community orders imposed for similar crimes.

Sarah Clarkson-Rose, 42, of New Barn Lane, Ridgewood, near Uckfield, was jailed for six months over her “aggressive and obnoxious” drunken behaviour.

She spat, coughed at and smeared blood on nurses and police officers and made threats about coronavirus and HIV.

Stalker David Watman was jailed for two years over his behaviour towards a woman he met on an online dating site.

The 39-year-old, of Priors Leaze Lane, Nutbourne, became obsessed and told her he was always watching her.

Hailsham fraudster Jimmy Stonestreet was jailed over preying on an elderly man over a fake guttering job.

The 28-year-old, of Downash, Hailsham, was jailed for 14 months for fraud by false representation and was banned from going on to people’s property to tout for business unannounced.

In Eastbourne, duo Millie Robinson and Bayleigh Meadows, both 21, were jailed for holding a party during the coronavirus lockdown in April.

Their tempers boiled over when police were called to the house where blaring music was being played. Robinson, of Edgeland Terrace, was jailed for six months and Meadows, of Lottbridge Drive, was jailed for one year.

Finally Brighton thug Ashley Thompson was jailed over an attack at Brighton Marina. The 36-year-old kicked a security guard to the head, spat at police, and shouted abuse at the officers.

Thompson, of Bromley Road, Brighton, was jailed for a year.