A THUG admitted headbutting and spitting at a bouncer in a nightclub.

Charlie Jupp carried out the attack in Brighton in August last year.

The 23-year-old attacked the security guard less than three months after posing outside court where he received a suspended prison sentence for a rampage and attack on police.

During that incident, which happened in February, Jupp had attempted to headbutt a police officer in Western Road, Brighton.

He hurled a bicycle and caused damage outside The Bees Mouth pub.

Then when officers arrived to arrest him, he launched a torrent of obscene homophobic slurs and abuse.

Finally he smeared his own excrement throughout a police cell while he was in custody. It required a £200 deep clean.

Read more on this story: Yob smeared poo in his cell and abused officers

But despite telling the court he was “shocked and embarrassed” by his behaviour, Jupp attacked the bouncer in August last year.

At Brighton Magistrates’ Court, he admitted the latest assault charge.

But he was spared a prison sentence by District Judge Tessa Szagun because he has made “good progress” on his previous suspended sentence.

The court was told the attack was “an assault on a security officer in a crowded nightclub”.

Jupp had “used his head as a weapon for the headbutt and spat at the officer which was unhygienic and disgusting”.

The Argus:

Charlie Jupp posed for his picture on the steps outside court

In February this year The Argus reported how Jupp had failed to attend unpaid work sessions and meetings with the probation service.

He was ordered to complete 140 hours of unpaid work, with 20 rehabilitation sessions on a new suspended sentence.

Jupp, now of Sugden Road, Worthing, has battled mental health troubles including anxiety and depression.

His previous appearance in court also included harassment and possessing an offensive weapon in public when he turned up outside the home of his ex-partner with a hammer.

During their three-month relationship Jupp became jealous about her friendship with her ex.

She agreed to meet Jupp for drinks but the police had to be called.

Read more on this story: Convict Charlie Jupp failed to attend unpaid work

Jupp later bombarded her with 15 text messages in the early hours of the morning.

He then called to abuse her and her new partner.

Fifteen minutes later he rang their door buzzer, forcing the terrified couple to lock themselves in a bedroom.

Jupp also had a previous conviction for assaulting a police officer in 2016, assault in 2017 and racist public disorder in 2015.

He was ordered to pay £250 in compensation to the nightclub bouncer.