AN INVESTIGATION into the death of a woman who plummeted from a seventh floor flat has concluded it is “not a criminal matter”.

As a result there will be no further action taken against a man arrested on suspicion of murder following the death of Nicola Redman on January 18.

The 33-year-old fell from Clarendon House in Hove just before 6am.

The Argus:

Police arrived to find her on the ground outside the building and confirmed she had died at the scene.

Later that morning, a 52-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder and was released as investigations continued.

But, following extensive enquiries, Sussex Police say no further action will be taken against the man.

Detective Chief Inspector Charlotte Rimmer of the Surrey and Sussex Major Crime Team said: “Following a thorough investigation we are satisfied that this is not a criminal matter and therefore no further police action is being taken against the arrested man.

The Argus:

“We appreciate the understanding and co-operation of local residents and Nicola’s family.

“An inquest was opened into Nicola’s death and suspended during our enquiry.

“It will now be resumed and a full hearing will take place.

“My team have provided the coroner with the information she requires for the inquest.

“Nicola’s family have been kept informed through the investigation.”

The Argus:

Nicola’s inquest was due to be held at noon today

Following her death, piles of flowers were left outside Clarendon House by devastated friends and family members.

Long-time friend Catherine Bell set up a GoFundMe page to support the costs for Nicola’s funeral.

The 38-year-old said that her friend had been embroiled in a battle with cervical cancer at the time of her death.

Speaking in the weeks following the incident, she told The Argus: “I saw what had happened on the news but I didn’t know then that it was Nicola.

The Argus:

“My sister called me the day after it happened to say it was a murder investigation.

“It was awful. Even now, weeks later, it hasn’t sunk in.

“I’m so used to her being around, it’s horrible to know that she is gone. But nothing can compare to how her family feels.

“She had just finished her treatment for cervical cancer and was waiting to hear if it had gone.

“She was really looking forward to this year.”

The Argus:

Nicola’s family also issued a statement paying tribute to her. They described her as a “joyful, kind-hearted and beautiful mother”.

The tribute read: “Nicola was the life and soul of the family. She was vibrant and full of colour, a loving mother to two children, and a caring sister and auntie. Life is not going to be the same without her.”

Her son said: “She was a joyful, kind-hearted and beautiful mother who will be greatly missed.”