A FATHER has issued an appeal after his daughter was brutally attacked by three women outside a seafront Burger King.

Steven Hayes said ambulance crews spent an hour trying to stabilise his 27-year-old daughter after she was beaten unconscious in the early hours of Saturday morning.

Witnesses say three women launched a completely unprovoked attack, ambushing her from behind as she walked home in Kings Road, Brighton, at about 2am.

She was repeatedly beaten by the attackers, who also reportedly tried to hit a man with a stiletto when he tried to help.

“Thankfully two people intervened, Mr Hayes said.

“My daughter was unconscious, they would have killed her.”

Witnesses to the attack have given information to the family and the father is appealing for more people to come forward.

Mr Hayes said: “My daughter can’t remember anything, she was unconscious at the scene for an hour - they took over an hour to revive her.

“However, we have gathered information from witnesses who have come forward.

“She was out with her younger sister and was walking to the taxi rank in Brighton to go home.

“As she walking past Burger King, three black girls came out and ran up and attacked her.

“Witnesses say that these three girls were in Burger King having an altercation with someone in there, they got ejected and as they came out, took it out on my daughter.”

Video from the scene shows emergency crews trying to revive the woman from Saltdean after the attack.

Mr Hayes said: “The police have found a stiletto, some witnesses said one of the girls tried to smack my daughter in the head with it.

“Two guys intervened and thankfully they did as my daughter was unconscious.

“One guy ran over and pushed the woman - she took a swing at the man with a stiletto.”

The women were described as being aged between 18 and late 20s.

Sussex Police have launched an appeal to find the attackers.

A spokesman said: "Police were called to a report of an assault in Kings Road, Brighton, around 2.28am on Saturday May 29.

"Officers responded to the scene and a 27-year-old local woman was taken to hospital with a head injury.

"Police are appealing for anyone who saw what happened, or anyone with dash cam, CCTV or mobile phone footage of the incident, to come forward.

"You can report it online or call 101, quoting serial 176 of 29/05.