AN ABUSIVE lout has been jailed over his latest crimes.

Kevin Docherty Hume spouted racist abuse at police officers after he was arrested in Brighton.

The 51-year-old assaulted a policewoman and caused criminal damage to his custody cell, Brighton Magistrates’ Court heard.

He was previously in court where he was banned from every bus in the city for spouting homophobic abuse and assaulting two men at Palmeira Square in Hove.

The court heard how Hume has an “appalling record of abuse to police and others in authority”.

It was revealed that he harassed three officers at Marine Parade in Brighton on May 22.

The abuse aimed at PC Gurev was racially aggravated, the court heard.

The Argus: Brighton Magistrates' CourtBrighton Magistrates' Court

Meanwhile he abused and assaulted PC Tahir, a woman serving in the force, at the accident and emergency department of the Royal Sussex County Hospital where he had been taken over concerns for his health and wellbeing.

Previously The Argus reported how he had thrown a tissue full of spittle at the driver on board a bus at Palmeira Square and made coronavirus threats.

Brighton and Hove Buses managing director Martin Harris said: "We will not tolerate aggressive behaviour or hate speech against any of our drivers or customers on our buses.

"I am pleased to say he is now banned from all of our buses."

In February Hume was jailed for 22 weeks for the offences. He also appeared in court for a separate offence of threatening violence in Bolton Road, Eastbourne after he had stolen coffee from the Iceland store in nearby Langney Road

Less than three weeks after being released halfway through his 22-week sentence for those crimes, Hume harassed officers in Brighton.

The Argus: Brighton lout Kevin Hume has been jailed againBrighton lout Kevin Hume has been jailed again

At Brighton Magistrates’ Court he admitted three counts of harassment likely to cause alarm or distress, two counts of racially aggravated harassment, criminal damage, and assaulting an emergency worker.

Hume, of Montpelier Road, Brighton, was sent back to prison for 18 weeks.

District Judge Amanda Kelly, was not impressed by his abusive attitude. He will also have to pay a £128 surcharge.