A MAN has been taken to hospital after being stabbed seven times by a "gatecrasher" at a New Year's Eve house party.

The victim was hosting a small party with his friends when four unwanted guests reportedly forced their way into his home.

The incident occurred shortly before 3am on January 1 at the house in The Promenade, Peacehaven.

After being asked to leave, the group returned forcing their way into the property

One was carrying a knife and stabbed the 20-year-old multiple times.

The Argus: The victim's front door following the attackThe victim's front door following the attack

Bloody photographs from the scene show the aftermath of his injuries.

The man's father told The Argus: "A scuffle broke out trying to remove the boys from our house, which they did, but they returned trying to smash their way in with metal bars and my son was stabbed seven times by one of the youths who was carrying a knife on him."

He has been left with serious injuries following the incident, which police are currently investigating.

Officers have made one arrest so far.

His father said: "The police managed to apprehend one of the assailants, who was not the stabber, but he was released on bail.

"This means the youth with the knife is still at large, and free to set upon other innocent parties."

After returning home from the hospital yesterday, January 4, the victim and his family were confronted with the bloody scene.

The family - who did not want to be named - have shared photographs from their home with The Argus.

The Argus: Photos of the kitchen following stabbing

His father added: "My son is just out of hospital today, but is now reliant on myself and others for his personal care as his injuries have left him incapacitated."

A 21-year-old man from Brighton was arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm and has been released on conditional bail.

Police are now looking for anyone with any information to come forward.

Detective Inspector Daniel Dugan said: “This was a violent incident at a busy New Year’s Eve party that has left a young man with serious injuries.

“Attending officers proactively arrested a suspect at the scene, but there are a number of individuals we would also like to speak to as part of our investigation.

“If you witnessed this incident or have any information which could help with our enquiries, please contact police online or by calling 101, quoting Operation Ramp.”