Worthing manager Alan Pook today insisted his side are still not title contenders in division one south despite winning again last night.

The Rebels went joint-second after coming from behind to beat Horsham at Queen Street.

Victory extended their unbeaten run to 13 games and put them four points behind leaders Windsor and Eton with two games in hand.

But Pook insists a top-six finish remains his aim - for now.

He said: "I won't be thinking about the title until we've played another two games because I know we are playing at full stretch at the moment.

"With the amount of games we've played, the players cannot give anymore so I think it's too soon to talk about us winning the title."

However, Horsham boss John Maggs believes the Rebels are now favourites to win it.

He said: "They are in the driving seat now and good luck to them. You've got to say they're favourites and I hope they go on and do it."

Horsham took just four minutes to open the scoring after a frantic start. A deep cross from Gary Charman was too long for its intended target, Dave Flemming, in the penalty area.

Lee Carney picked up the loose ball on the edge of the box and squared to Luke Gedling to fire past the unsighted Will Packham.

The home side could have won the game by half time. Charman shot wide from a tight angle with the goal gaping after a defensive mix-up had enabled him to go past Packham.

Then Carney fired inches wide of the post from 20 yards with Packham well beaten. Instead, it was Worthing who took their chance to equalise on 38 minutes.

Nko Ekoku beat John Kirby for pace to latch on to a through ball and go clear on goal. His shot was only parried by Ian Chatfield and Mark Knee was on hand to slot in the rebound.

The Hornets had two opportunities to respond either side of half time but both times were guilty of bad finishing.

First Eddie French headed straight at Packham from close range. Then Flemming had the whole goal to aim at after Andy Walker had a shot blocked by Packham, but he blazed wildly over.

There was always a feeling Horsham were going to pay for their missed chances and that moment came on 62 minutes in controversial circumstances.

Sam Francis challenged Chatfield for a cross by Ekoku, unfairly according to the Horsham players but not the referee, and the ball fell kindly for Mark Pulling to blast home.

It ended Horsham's ten game unbeaten run but Maggs wasn't too disappointed. He said: "I have to give credit to the players because they worked. We are not going to be down about it."