Lewes boss Jimmy Quinn is threatening to report referee Danny Nemorin-Noel to the FA after their heartbreaking cup exit last night.

Quinn was furious with a number of incidents which went unpunished by the official before Lewes eventually lost in a shoot out.

He said: "We were left standing on the pitch for ten minutes before the kick-off waiting for Dulwich to come out.

"The referee had rung the bell twice and they were just delaying the kick-off because their keeper had not arrived.

"I asked the refere what was happening and I was told to shut up.

"I lost all confidence in him from that point and I felt he failed to control the game."

Goalkeeper Les Cleevely went on to be Dulwich's hero in the penalty shoot out, saving three spot kicks.

Richard Hudson, Stuart Hack and Justin Harris were all denied as Rooks missed out on an Fa Cup fourth qualifying round trip to Conference side Hayes.

It was a desperate end for Lewes, who controlled the first half of this replay, faded in the second but rallied in extra time.

Neither side could find the crucial goal although Declan Perkins was guilty of a terrible miss for the visitors midway through the second half when he fired wide of a gaping goal.

After that neither keeper was troubled but there was always a danger the tension would overspill into violence.

In the 90th minute only the Lewes keeper remained a bystander as a 21-man melee developed in the centre circle, but amazingly nobody sent off.

Lewes had started brightly against the struggling Ryman Premier visitors.

Tommy Pattenden brought Cleevely into action after just two minutes and the keeper was further stretched when Chris Dicker, scorer in the 1-1 draw on Saturday, linked well with Paul Stokes before firing in a shot which was well held.

Dulwich almost fell behind to a repeat of the set piece which undid them on Saturday but this time Hack lifted Dicker's inswinging corner over the bar.

A decisive tackle by Hack ended with Warren Bagnall's shot being pushed out by the Dulwich keeper. From the following corner Marcus Dussard's header almost went into his own net but was hooked away on the line.

Lewes should have taken the lead five minutes before half time when Dicker's ball from defence split the Dulwich back four but Cleevely was off his line quickly and spread his large frame to deny Bagnall.

It was that sort of night for the visitors' No.1.

Lewes: Ludwig, Harris, Beeston (sub Arscott 113), McCallum, Hack, Cable, Dicker (sub Hudson 85), Stokes, Bagnall, Johnson, Pattenden (sub Allen 90). Unused subs: Leach, Varndel.

Dulwich Hamlet: Cleevely, Dussard, Cecil (sub Coyle 100), Richards, M. Garland, Chin, Machen, P. Garland (sub Cross 103), Fowler, Perkins (sub Ebanks 100), Hakki. Unused subs: Azzopardi, Holder.

Men-of-the match: Cable (Lewes), Cleevely (Dulwich).

Referee: Mr Danny Nemorin-Noel.