Bob Pyle has been handed the task of reviving troubled Pease Pottage.

The Oakwood assistant-manager has been named as new boss of the Matthew Clark County League division two basement side.

Pyle, who previously managed TSC when they were in the County League, will take charge for the first time at Crawley Down on Saturday.

His task will be to turn around a team that has conceded 33 goals in their last three games.

That included a 9-1 drubbing by Worthing United on Saturday when goals were shared between Stuart Anderson (three), Lee Gibbs (two), Adam Westwood (two), Lee Ashton and Lee Weston. Dave Thornback hit the lone consolation.

For the second time in three games, Pottage finished with nine men. They started with 11, including caretaker manager Ryan Sallows, then lost Martin Simmons through injury before having Hassan Sadani sent off.

Worthing were upset because another match was taking place on the pitch when they arrived, resulting in an hour's delay to the kick-off. They also had to change outdoors.

Sallows says he was not happy about the changing room situation, but is now hoping the club can move forward on and off the pitch.

He said: "I am sure things will turn around and we would not be able to attract someone like Bob if he didn't see the potential within the club.

"Come next May our aim is not to be in the bottom two. Bob's appointment shows our ambition and the fact that people at the club believe we can turn it around. Everything else is in place with the reserves and youth team.

"But the first team have been undermined because individuals are letting them down. Three didn't turn up on Saturday and that is absolutely unacceptable."

Crawley Down left it late before earning a 2-1 win at home to Seaford.

They trailed 1-0 until the last five minutes when goals from Dan Sullivan and Darren Tidey secured maximum points to lift Darren Barker's side up to sixth spot.

Tom Callaghan had given Seaford a second minute lead and they appeared to be holding on for a win.

But Eddie Thompson came on as substitute to set up both goals for the hosts with left wing crosses, Sullivan netting the first after John Crumplin's shot was saved and Tidey converting the cross for the second.

Joint-boss Barker said: "In the second half we started creating a few chances and I felt it was only a matter of time before we scored but we didn't want to leave it that late."

Westfield fought back from 2-0 down to snatch a point at home to Wick.

Lee Webber scored twice in as many minutes for the visitors midway through the first half and also hit the bar. Tony Harris reduced the deficit 15 minutes from time then Lawrence Brand secured a point with his sixth goal of the season.

Wick boss Andy Gander said: "The condition of the pitch did not allowing for any football to be played. Although disappointed to lose a two-goal lead, I would always settle for a point travelling to Westfield."

Darren Brown marked his recall by scoring twice as Wealden won 2-1 at Lancing.

Brown was only playing as Keith Mtambara and Ian Gilmour were injured but he headed home the first from Warren Levy's cross and then netted his second from Leighton Allen's through ball. Dale Brunton pulled one back for Lancing near the end.

Peacehaven's division two match with Oakwood tonight has been postponed following the sudden death of vice-chairman Bill Norwood.

Manager Mick Maskell said: "Bill has done a lot at the club this year and he has kept us going. It is a big loss."