Jimmy Quinn launched a scathing attack on his Lewes team, accusing some players of not trying and branding their second-half performance a "disgrace".

Tony Reid scored with two headers in the 2-0 division one south win over Bracknell and Rooks could have added three or four more as they dominated the first half, creating chance after chance.

But Bracknell striker Gavin Smith went closest in a disappointing second half that was almost devoid of any goalmouth incident.

Quinn said: "It was a reasonable first-half performance and totally one-way traffic. We created a number of chances, but a combination of poor finishing and good goalkeeping kept the score down.

"The second half was a disgrace and the standard of play by our team was a disgrace. I can only think of a couple of chances that we created. There's no way we should struggle like that.

"The players have got to buck their ideas up. There are no excuses for putting in a performance like that. It was down to a bad attitude. We had a big crowd (343) who hadn't seen us play at home for a month and it's not good enough to only put in 45 minutes of effort.

"I told them at half-time not to ease up, but they didn't listen to me. It was 45 minutes of rubbish. We are trying to set standards as a club and if the players can't reach those standards then they're at the wrong club."

Reid headed home crosses by Graham Harper and Lee Taylor, a left-sided player signed from Chertsey on Friday, to give Lewes a 2-0 lead in 24 minutes.

Bracknell keeper Martin Hutt foiled Reid (twice), Harper, Lee Newman and Danny Davis and Taylor should have scored as Rooks laid siege to the Robins, goal for most of the first half.

Russell Tanner did well to keep out efforts by Smith and Ben Edwards on the visitors' rare raids forward but Bracknell could not have complained had they been five down at the break.

Lewes' second-half efforts were limited to a 25-yard shot by Davis, gathered by Hutt at the second attempt, and Harper's header wide from Gareth Green's cross.