Ten-man Crawley Town extended their lead at the top of the Premier Division table to four points with a 3-2 comeback victory at Welling United.

Danny Carroll emerged as the Reds' hero with two headed goals.

Welling took the lead on 18 minutes through topscorer Gary Abbott while Crawley were reduced to ten men three minutes before the break when Lee Doherty received his second booking for a late tackle.

Despite their depleted numbers Reds showed character to gain the upper hand in the second half and Welling conceded an own goal on 63 minutes when a Jay Lovett cross was knocked in by Mark Hone under pressure from Carroll.

Six minutes later the home side regained the lead through Anthony Samuels. Carroll made it 2-2 on 72 minutes, heading in a Dave Harlow cross via a defender.

Four minutes later pumped-up Carroll repeated the feat, scoring the winner with another header from a pinpoint long range free-kick launched in by Lovett.

Match-winner Carroll said: "We were unlucky to be reduced to ten men as Lee's first booking was a bit harsh. We were up against it but the spirit of the team was great."

Eastbourne Borough inflicted Hastings Town's first away defeat of the season with a 3-0 win at Priory Lane in the eastern division.

Goals from Matt Allen, Dave Adams and man-of-the-match Paul Stevens were the first Borough had ever scored against their local rivals in the League.

And Borough's coach Nick Greenwood was delighted for manager Garry Wilson.

He said: "I was delighted that Paul Stevens was man-of-the-match because he did an important job for us with Matt Smart being injured. And there is obviously a bit of personal glory for Garry because it is always nice to beat a team who you used to manage."

Hastings gifted Borough a goal after two minutes when Tony Burt's miscued volley went over keeper David King and Allen netted.

Adams made it 2-0 in the 31st minute with a sweet shot on the turn. Stevens finished the game off in the 64th minute with a bizarre goal from a cross which sneaked past the keeper.

St Leonards ended an 11 match losing run with a 2-1 victory over Ashford.

On-loan Gillingham striker Mark Lovell was a class above and set up the first goal for Des Boateng. Simon Elliot equalised early in the second half but Saints got the winner after Lovell steered home a cross, although they had to hold on for nine minutes of stoppage time.