Langney Sports boss Garry Wilson is going to ask Micky Adams if he'll bring Albion to Priory Lane.

Wilson, jubilant after his team's quarter final home roasting of holders Worthing last night, said: "I'm going to phone Micky later in the week to see if he'll be prepared to play the tie here. It will be a wonderful boost to this club and I can see no reason why Albion would have any objections."

The tie is scheduled for Wednesday, March 8 at a neutral venue still to be decided, but the two clubs can arrange for the game to be contested at Priory Lane if they agree.

A first half spot kick from Daren Pearce and second half strikes from Andrew Ducille and Matt Allen saw the Sussex Leaguers end Worthing's 12-match unbeaten run. And Ducille, scorer of the second, believes Albion are going to get beaten wherever the game is played.

He said: "Albion will get roasted by the likes of me and Matty Allen. We're going to win this cup and do it the hard way."

Langney fans were singing The Flower of Scotland as their Scottish boss marched triumphantly down the tunnel. Langney took the lead against the run of play after 30 minutes when referee Matthew Knight awarded a penalty. Allen was adjudged to have been pulled down by Miles Rutherford and up stepped Pearce to ram home.

Worthing dominated up until then. Ben Carrington's effortless run through the defence almost produced an early breakthrough. His eventual angled effort drifted inches over Dean Lightwood's bar. And Marc Rice struck the right post after Stuart Tuck picked him out with a superb 30 yard lobbed pass.

Allen was denied at point-blank by a fine Lee Bray block. But slap-dash defending, particularly by Tony Burt let in Simon Funnell twice. Yet the ex-Albion hitman scuffed both gifts. Rebels came out early for the second half and Paul Thomas forced a save from Lightwood.

But it was the hosts who extended the lead through Ducille. He headed in a perfectly delivered Allen cross to effectively settle the contest. Worthing threw on Lee Weston with 15 minutes left as a fourth striker. But it was all in vain and with two minutes left Allen danced through to add a third.

Worthing boss Sammy Donnelly conceded: "Langney deserved their win. We should have gone ahead early on, but allowed them to instead. It's their night and good luck to them in the next round."

Converted for the new archive on 30 June 2000. Some images and formatting may have been lost in the conversion.