Joint-manager Danny Bloor refused to get carried away after Worthing went top of the Ryman premier division with a 3-1 victory over Wealdstone.

Bloor said: "After the win over Fisher it was important that this wasn't a case of 'after the Lord Mayor's show' and it wasn't.

"However, league tables mean nothing at the moment.

"We're delighted to be top of the table but in a way that is irrelevant. They don't hand out medals at this stage of the season and we want to be top in May."

Rebels took a 13th-minute lead when a Mark Knee shot was blocked and Lee Charles set up Andy Alexander, who fired home from close range.

Wealdstone's Jermaine Beckford levelled on 23 minutes but Worthing took the lead again on 56 minutes.

A powerful 15-yard shot by Danny Davis was parried by the Wealdstone keeper but he could not prevent it from crossing the line.

Rebels wrapped up the victory on 62 minutes when striker Sam Francis headed home at the near post from Davis' corner.

Bloor said: "Andy Alexander had another good game up front and he is the man in possession of the shirt.

"He is playing well and keeping out two proven strikers in Richard Pacquette and Stafford Browne."

Shell-shocked Horsham manager John Maggs regards the 6-1 home defeat against Tooting and Mitcham as a 'freak result'.

A second-half capitulation, in which Tooting bagged four goals in a ten-minute spell, consigned the division one leaders to a humbling home reverse.

Maggs said: "I am gobsmacked as I don't know how we have managed to lose this game by six goals to one.

"We played them off the park in the first half, scored the best goal of the game through Jamie Taylor with a real quality effort and the message to the players at half-time was simply to keep it going.

"Tooting were probably wound up at the break but it was bang, bang, bang and we conceded four goals in about six minutes.

"We just didn't respond but I could not even say there was a good goal among them. They were all spawny goals with the ball running for them around our area. They won 6-1 but I would not change my side for theirs and from my point of view it was a freak result. I just hope it was a one-off."

Maggs does not have long to dwell on his side's defeat as the Hornets face fellow title chasers Dover on Saturday.

He said: "This is a big week for us and we must bounce back. We have Dover next Saturday and games don't come much bigger than that.

"We are top of the league and going for the title so we need to bounce back quickly."

The architect of Hornets downfall was John Hastings, who bagged four goals (51, 58, 61 and 66 minutes) while Paul Scott chipped in with a brace (34, 59). Striker Taylor had levelled on 42 minutes.

Burgess Hill manager Gary Croydon was not too disappointed after his side's 1-0 defeat at Ramsgate as he can see the improvement in the team.

Albion youngster Ashley Jarvis, who is with the Hillians on work experience, screwed the visitors' best chance of the match wide in the first half on his debut but Croydon will have added to his fire power by the time they play Cray tomorrow with Lewes' Ryan Bradley joining on loan.

Bradley Walsh has also rejoined the club to further boost Croydon's options.

Croydon said: "Ramsgate probably just shaded the game but we could have nicked something.

"We had chances which we could have done better with.

"I'm not too unhappy as we are building and we are improving all the time."

A Sean Welford goal after 26 minutes decided the game.