New boss Gabriele Cioffi got off to a winning start today as Crawley beat Morecambe 2-0 at the Broadfield Stadium.

A superb run and strike from Ashley Nathaniel-George puts the Reds ahead after 52 minutes.

And they doubled the lead three minutes later when Panutche Camara pressured the Morecambe defence into an error chasing a long ball and rounded the keeper to score.

Cioffi raced onto the field to celebrate with his players after the second goal – earning a rebuke and yellow card from the referee in the aftermath but instantly endearing himself to the Broadfield Stadium faithful.

Crawley named an unchanged side from the impressive 1-0 victory at Lincoln as new manager Cioffi took charge for the first time.

The Italian watched last week as Filipe Morais and Jimmy Smith oversaw the win over the leaders.

The former centre-half received a warm reception from fans ahead of kick-off.

Camara had the first strike on goal after five minutes after tip-toeing his way through challenges into the box and having his shot deflected for a corner.

He then blazed over from the resultant set-piece after the ball eventually fell to him on the half volley as the visitors struggled to clear the danger.

Morais placed a side-foot effort just wide of the right hand post after being teed up by Nathaniel-George after 20 minutes.

Andrew Fleming angled drive was well held by Glenn Morris as the visitors looked for an opening.

A promising Reds attack ended with Palmer steering his header over the bar from a Lewis Young cross four minutes before half-time.

Morecambe had a late chance to take a first-half lead, though, but Joe Piggott’s diving header from a ball curled in behind the Reds defence looped gently into the arms of Morris as he failed to make the most of being found unmarked 12 yards out.

Nathaniel George fired Reds ahead in the 52nd minute as he cut in off the left and superbly finished past Barry Roche from outside the area.

It got even better for Reds two minutes later when Camara strong-armed his way past the Morecambe defence to get on a ball over the top before rounding the keeper to finish in front of a gaping net.

New boss Cioffi raced onto the field to join the celebrations, earning himself a booking and stern talking to from the referee.

Morris produced a superb acrobatic one-handed save from Liam Mandeville’s dipping free-kick on 75 minutes to protect the lead.

The Shrimps pressed late on but Reds stayed well organised and moved the ball well to see out the game despite an injury-time scramble at the far post from a corner.

Reds: Morris, Young, Connolly, Palmer, Francomb (Poleon 62), Nathaniel-George (Doherty 84), Maguire, Bulman (Payne 76), Morais, Camara, N’Gala.

Subs: Mersin,, McNerney, Gambin.

Booked: Bulman, foul, 28, Connolly, foul, 36, Cioffi, 54, Camara, time-wasting, 88.

Morcambe: Roche, Mills, Old, Fleming, Ellison (Gomes 81), Yarney, Wildig, Mandeville, Piggott (Oliver 60), Cranston, Leitch-Smith.

Subs: Szczepaniak, Lavelle, Oates, Sinclair, Hedley.

Booked: Yarney, foul 24, Piggott, foul, 50, Cranston, foul, 79.

Referee: Alan Young Attendance: 1,895 (86 away).