Crawley Town’s fine home form came to a crashing end today as they lost 4-0 to promotion chasers Milton Keynes Dons.

The Dons strode into a 3-0 lead by half-time after a Rhys Healey double sandwiched by a Kieran Agard effort. Gabriele Cioffi’s side kept pushing but were punished by a ruthless MK side as Chuks Aneke added the fourth in Reds' heaviest home defeat of the season.

Cioffi made two changes from last weekend’s 5-1 thumping at Tranmere.

Josh Payne and Ashley Nathaniel-George come into the starting XI with Dannie Bulman and Panutche Camara on the bench.

The visitors – flying high in second spot – made one enforced change from their 1-1 draw with Mansfield, Callum Britain coming in for the injured Jordan Moore-Taylor.

Dons were unbeaten in October while Crawley have a fine home record and went into the game unbeaten in their past seven League matches at the Broadfield Stadium.

Crawley could have been behind in the first minute after they lost possession and Dons broke quickly to put Healey clear on the left but Glenn Morris narrowed the angle well to save and smother the ball with his body.

MK Dons were gifted the goal after seven minutes.

Lewis Young’s sloppy touch gave Dean Lewington the ball and his whipped in cross was converted by Healey at the far post.

Reds’ response was immediate, Luke Gambin curling a shot towards a top corner which Lee Nicholls held well before Nathaniel-George sent another effort dipping just over.

Ollie Palmer was unable to direct a header on target from a well-worked corner routine as Crawley pushed hard after the setback.

It got worse for Crawley in the 18th minute as the hosts were left looking for an offside flag after the ball fell kindly on the edge of the box after a Healey shot was charged down and Agard rifled into the far corner.

Morris denied Agard with his feet in the 34th minute as MK hit on the break.

And Reds were lucky not to be 3-0 down when Aneke effort from the corner was deflected off the bar.

Dons put the game beyond reach in the first minute of first-half stoppage time when the ball was worked out wide to the right to Agard and Healey made no mistake from close range from the cross.

Cioffi introduced Camara for Young at half-time.

Reds should have pulled a goal back on 55 minutes but Nicholls’ reflex save kept out a Palmer header from Camara’s cross.

Aneke made it 4-0 after 64 minutes after Reds lost possession and he was played in by Healey to steer the ball home off the inside of a post with Morris horribly exposed.

Nathaniel-George had a shot pushed away but Reds were unable to find a consolation.