Worthing crashed out of the FA Cup after losing their second-round qualifying replay at Woodside Road 3-1 to St Albans City

First-half strikes from David Noble, Joe Iaciofano and Solomon Nwabuokei sealed St Albans' place in the next round and a trip away to Weymouth in the third-round. Worthing pulled one back later on through Jalen Jones’ half-volley from outside the box.

The Rebels had the first chance of the game when Jesse Starkey’s free kick found Jones at the back post but his looping header went just wide.

Worthing then went close a couple of minutes later as they broke and Lloyd Dawes and Reece Meekums exchanged a one-two but Snedker made a good save at his near post to thwart The Rebels.

The Rebels then went close to taking the lead ten minutes in as Marvin Armstrong intercepted the ball in the middle of the park and played it to Reece Meekums but his effort went past Snedker and came off the inside of the post before the St Albans keeper pounced grabbed it.

St Albans took the lead in the 27th minute when Noble’s free-kick looked to be comfortable for Roco Rees but the Worthing keeper fumbled it and it rolled into the net.

It was a double blow for Worthing who then lost Armstrong straight after the goal to injury.

Joe Tennant was booked in the 35th minute for a foul.

lloyd Dawes then went close for the Rebels as his strike from outside the box was well saved by Snedker.

St Albans doubled their lead in the 39th minute as an in-swinging cross was not dealt with by Jones and Iaciofano pounced to convert from a tight angle.

The visitors made it three just a couple of minutes later when Nwabuokei made space in the box and fired powerfully past Rees to give St Albans a comfortable lead going into the break.

Starkey had a free-kick just before half-time which went just over the bar.

St Albans had another chance right on the stroke of half-time as Scott Shulton won the ball and drove at the defence and then hit an effort from outside the box which was comfortable for Rees.

Worthing went close to pulling one back in the 65th minute when Starkey’s corner was met at the back post by Joe Tennant but his header was superbly cleared off the line by Oliver Sprague.

The Rebels were again denied by the frame of the goal as Snedker came out into no man's land to beat substitute Shola Ayoola to the ball but lost out and the forward’s curling effort from near the touchline towards the empty net came off the post.

Worthing pulled one back late on as Jones took the ball on the half-volley and the ball flew into the bottom corner.

Adam Hinshelwood gave his thoughts to The Argus after the game. He said: “I’m saying the same stuff after every game about taking our chances and casual defending gifting goals away.

“Something has got to change and if not it may be a case of looking at the squad.”

Worthing: Rees, Colbran, Jones, Barker(C) Armstrong (Parsons,26), Dawes(Ayoola,49), Tennent, Aguilar, Pearce (Pattenden,81), Meekums, Starkey. Subs- Doughty, Edwards, Mendoza, Parsons, Ayoola, Long, Pattenden.

St Albans: Snedker, Shulton, Longe-King, Kaloczi, Iaciofano Foxley, Diedhiou, Noble (Miles,81), Banton, Nwabuokei, Sprague(Bender,86). Subs- Howe, Bawling, Miles, Merson, Adu, Bender, Bonfield.

Attendance: 637.

Hosts Chichester City went through in their replay after they beat higher division Hartley Wintney 1-0 thanks to a 50th-minute goal from Jamie Horncastle.