Alireza Jahanbakhsh says Albion are disappointed after losing 3-1 to fellow strugglers Bournemouth at the Vitality Stadium.

Albion had dominated the opening 30 minutes of the games, before Bournemouth took the lead just six minutes later leading to a five minute collapse where the Seagulls conceded two goals.

Jahanbakhsh says that Albion were disappointed with the result.

He said: “We are very disappointed.

“In the 30 minutes we controlled the ball, created chances and dominated the game.

“I think we gave them one or two chances after that, which was a lack of concentration and they didn’t do much first 30-35 minutes.

“The first goal got them into the game and the second goal knocked the wind out of us.

“Then we didn’t have that much confidence to just continue the same performance as the opening 30 minutes, we tried to push and in the second half we came out and created chances, but we couldn’t score.

“The third goal kills the game and makes it even more difficult to get back into it, but we gave the game away again as at the start they couldn’t even string together three passes.

“After the first goal that turned and they created plenty of chances and looked like they were going to score quite a few.”

Albion did have chances to take the lead prior to scoring with Jahanbakhsh seeing his effort deflected just over the bar, while Neal Maupay saw his effort saved by Aaron Ramsdale, before his follow-up was blocked by Nathan Ake.

Jahanbakhsh felt that some of the goals could have been avoided particularly the second goal, which Pascal Gross turned into his own net.

He said: “After the first goal they played better football and then at the end we had more ball possession, we have had different combinations on both the right and left side particularly in the first half but we couldn’t finish our chances.

“They have got some good quality upfront and they score the first goal and the second goal was a bit of a miscommunication between the players in the 16."

“At 2-0 we tried to push, but they hit us on the counter and scored the third to kill the game.”