Crawley have unveiled a new commemorative badge to celebrate the club's 125th anniversary.

In that time the Reds have gone from playing in the West and Mid Sussex Leagues when they formed in 1896 to finishing 12th this season in League Two.

Along the way the club has been saved from the brink of extinction twice.

Most recently in 2006, they entered administration for the second time in seven years, fortunately, the third offer to creditors was accepted and the club was saved.

Crawley have also had their fair share of grounds in and around the town.

The club moved to their new home, Town Mead, in 1949, based in the town centre.

In May 1997, the last match was played at Town Mead, and after 48 seasons the ground was sold for redevelopment and the club moved to The People’s Pension Stadium. 

But now to celebrate the 125th anniversary of the club, the Reds have an introduced a commemorative badge (pictured below):

The Argus:

The badge will sit proudly on both our home and away kit for the 2021/22 season, as well as the official leisurewear and training range.

The club’s social media will also don the new badge to mark the historic milestone, with the official changeover having taken place earlier this afternoon.