Whitehawk lifted the Parafix Sussex Senior Cup for the second time in four years with a classy display to sweep aside Lewes 5-0 at the Amex.

Three goals in ten first-half minutes put Hawks in control and the result was never in question after that.

The result put smiles back on the faces of Hawks fans a week after losing their Vanarama Conference south play-off final at Boreham wood.

Ryman premier Lewes could have no arguments with the outcome but the plus points for the Rooks were the performances of goalkeeper Rikki Banks and lively winger Nicky Wheeler.

Hawks dominated possession and chances before taking the lead on 29 minutes when Jake Robinson’s header was clawed away by Banks at full stretch only for Danny Mills to roll home the loose ball for his 20th goal of the season.

Having worked so hard to find the opening goal, two more followed inside the next ten minutes.

On 35 minutes Nick Arnold’s whipped free-kick from the right was powerfully headed home by Jordan Rose for his first Hawks goal.

Four minutes later Sam Deering was denied by a terrific save by Banks at his near post but from the resulting corner Osei Sankofa turned home the third goal after Rose and Mills had both headed goalward.

Lewes were denied a reply two minutes before the break when Wheeler’s shot following a fast break was superbly pushed away by Craig Ross.

It could have been 4-0 just two minutes into the second half but Banks produced another great save to parry Robinson’s close-range header.

With the pace of the game slowing, Whitehawk had to wait until 20 minutes from time before getting their fourth, Scott Neilson swapping passes with substitute Sam Gargan before slotting home.

The excellent Deering slotted home a fifth two minutes from time after being fed by Arnold.

Lewes: Banks; Rowe, Elphick (sub S.Crabb 65), Breach, Cole; Rowe-Hurst (sub Blewden 62), Muggeridge, Conlon (sub Marshall 74), M.Crabb, Wheeler; Romain. Subs not used: Malins, Taylor.

Whitehawk: Ross; Arnold, Sankofa (sub Abdulla 62), Rose, Hills; Neilson, Ijaha, Torres, Deering; Robinson (sub Gargan 62), Mills (sub Kissock 67). Subs not used: Makofo, Kujabi.

Referee: John Pike.

Attendance: 2,585.