Three Bridges 4, Selsey 0.

Two-goal hero Nathan Davis helped Three Bridges lift the Sussex RUR Cup for the first time in 20 years.

The striker netted twice in as many second half minutes after an own goal by Scott Hinshelwood and a Brendan Sebuliba header had put Bridges in charge before the interval at Woodside Road, Worthing.

It left Bridges manager Paul Faili smiling as his side overcame a bobbly pitch and lacklustre opposition.

Selsey boss Danny Hinshelwood had hoped to fire up his team at the interval but there seemed little positive reaction judging by their second half display.

Faili said: "I'm delighted we've managed to do it after 20 years. I had a team that included a lot of young players but they became men today.

"Nathan did well but the whole team rose to the occasion and showed they had the edge.

"I am a proud manager and delighted for everyone involved with the club."

Bridges showed more purpose early on.

Their side was packed with strong, pacey players who kept Selsey on the back foot.

Warren Whitely and Aaron Hay, along with Gary Anderson, had Hinshelwood's side chasing shadows with positive runs from midfield in the opening 18 minutes.

It was no surprise that Bridges went two goals up in that time.

Their first came from a set-piece on seven minutes. Mark Zydonik floated in a free-kick from the right and Scott Hinshelwood, under pressure from Bridges defender Sam McVicar, headed into his own goal.

Sebuliba doubled the advantage with a firm header from a superb driven cross from the right by Whitely.

Selsey had half a shout for a penalty when McVicar appeared to trip Alun Morey but the appeals were waved away by referee Nigel Baker.

Hinshelwood, trying to make amends, forced Mark Fox to chip round his bullet header following a Tom Ridley free-kick.

Although the match became more even as the first half drew to a close, there was no question Bridges deserved to go in 2-0 in front.

McVicar twice had long- range efforts saved by Ryan Chard, who replaced the cup-tied Steve Phillips, while Williams Peauroux almost caught Chard out with a speculative 25-yarder which just cleared his crossbar.

Faili's side appeared to want victory the most.

Hay cut in from the left for a cross shot which just drifted wide.

But it was a statement of intent. Peauroux forced Chard to save and then Nathan Davis took charge of proceedings.

He managed to screw a cross from Sebuliba wide in front of an empty goal seven minutes after the restart but ten minutes later he hit the target.

Davis outstripped the Selsey rearguard with his raw pace and managed to chip the ball over the onrushing Chard.

He netted his second two minutes later with a towering header at the far post from a left wing corner by Hay.

Tempers became frayed and referee Baker had stern words with Hay after one dust up.

But Bridges continued to press their advantage and substitute Sam Thornback and Luke Palmer each went close.

Selsey only had one clear chance after the interval when Tom Ridley, clean through, tried to lob the goalkeeper, but Mark Fox was able to grab the ball.

Three Bridges: Fox, Zydonik, Dugdale, Kay, McVicar, Whitely, Hay, Peauroux, Anderson, Davis, Sebuliba, Subs: Greenidge, Buckingham, Palmer, Thornback.

Selsey: Chard, Hinshelwood, Bines, Raynor, Lee, R.Brown, A.Brown, Morey, Fallick, Ridley, Woolf. Subs: Miller, Nicholas, Marshall, Eynon, Poffley.

Referee: Nigel Baker.