Defiant Danny Bloor last night insisted: "I am under no pressure from anyone at the club."

Lewis Hamilton, on loan from Lewes, snatched an injury-time equaliser on his debut as struggling Rebels earned a deserved point.

Worthing were left still searching for their first win of the season despite their second-half heroics.

Boss Bloor, though, believes his side will prove him a winner.

He said: "I am under no pressure from anyone at the club. The only pressure is the pressure I heap on myself.

"I have never been given anything in my life so I will roll my sleeves up. It has not been our season so far. But I am involved in the gambling business and winning is my life and I am sure it will come good."

Lewis Cook, another making his debut on loan from Lewes, was sent off as Rebels twice hit the bar and had two penalty appeals turned down before Hamilton's late show.

Bloor said: "The new boys did well including Ricardo Joseph. I would like to thank Lewes boss Steve King for helping us out when we are down. I don't know why Lewis received his first booking - maybe for the nail-varnish he was wearing!

Bloor rang the changes after Rebels' disappointing start to the season which saw them lose four of their first five matches.

Hamilton and Cook, signed on loan from Lewes on Monday, were each given a debut along with Joseph, who played one game in the League for Rushden and Diamonds last season.

But if Bloor was hoping for the new trio to galvanize wobbly Worthing he was left waiting early on as the Rebels came under increasing pressure.

The visitors, managed by former England international, Alan Devonshire, pressed and the home rearguard looked far from settled.

Hampton's Barrie Matthews headed over and Worthing booted the ball clear after a goalmouth scramble.

Rikki Banks' goal came under threat as the busy Matthews drove towards goal and the Rebels keeper must have been relieved to watch the ball drift just wide.

In the 17th minute the visitors went ahead following panic in the Rebels defence. Home captain Jamie Lawrence charged down a blast from Kelvin McIntosh and as the ball ran loose in the box Worthing defenders could not get it clear and Andy Cook steered home from close range.

But Rebels found some form with Danny Davis pulling the strings in midfield. He found Lee Newman on 34 minutes and just missed getting a decent touch on the striker's return ball. Then he created two chances for Andy Alexander with the striker just missing the target on both occasions.

Worthing swamped Hampton and Richmond after the interval but their fortune was out.

The mobile Hamilton cracked a shot against the crossbar with a thunderous 30 yarder after 67 minutes just after Cook had a stinging low drive saved low to his right by visiting goalkeeper Matt Lovett. Substitute James Fraser curled just wide and Davis hit the bar with a volley 11 minutes from time after being set up by Jamel Carr.

Rebels also had penalty two appeals turned down. Three minutes into the second half Hampton and Richmond's Cook appeared to handle a cross shot from Hamilton.

Then Lawrence Yaku appeared to handle a Davis drive in the 80th minute.

Lewis Cook was sent off for a second bookable offence after pulling back Matthews.

But in injury time Lady Luck finally smiled on Rebels as Hamilton drove home the equaliser after Alexander had flicked on a Davis corner.

Rebels' spirit shone through and a point was the least they deserved as they plugged away in the face of adversity.