Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Warning of more floods for New Year's Day
5:04pm Tuesday 31st December 2013 in News
Residents are bering warned about the possibility of more flooding tomorrow.
The Environment Agency said on New Year’s Day heavy rain is expected which could cause flooding to communities in the south east and south west of England.
A spokesman said: "There is a heightened flood risk for parts of south east, southern and south west England and Cumbria.
"We are urging communities to prepare in advance by signing up for free flood warnings and to take action if they receive one. A flood warning indicates that flooding is expected.
"Our teams have continued to work around the clock on the ground operating pumping stations, issuing flood warnings and checking that flood banks, walls and barriers are working effectively.
"Advice on what to do before, during and after flooding is available on our website or by calling Floodline on 0845 988 1188.
"People travelling this week are also reminded to check the latest flood updates ahead of making journeys and should not drive through dangerous floodwater."
It follows swathes of flooding last week as heavy rain and strong winds marred the festive period.
- Newhaven and Bognor given millions of pounds to regenerate towns
- Councils preparing to set standard by raising flag for Commonwealth
- Carpentry teacher is a man with a mission and worthy Local Hero
- You're hired - The Argus campaign smashes apprenticeships target with 67 youngsters taken on by firms
- Busy junction plunged into darkness due to substation fire
Comments are closed on this article.