Residents were evacuated from their homes after fire broke out at a block of flats.
Firefighters were called to Merrimede Close in Hastings at 6.15pm last night after fire broke out in a top floor flat.
Two residents suffering from smoke inhalation were treated with oxygen at the scene while crews using breathing apparatus, a hose reel and foam tackled the blaze and remained on scene for almost three hours.
An East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service spokeswoman said the building had been partially evacuated and that damage to the flat was likely to be “extensive”.
- Motorcyclist injured while trying to complete ice bucket challenge
- Man living in derelict pub: ‘I want to be king of the squatters’
- City is beacon of economic dynamism
- Brighton and Hove restaurants and bars named best in UK
- Rugby World Cup tickets to go on sale next week