Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Hastings residents treated after flat fire
Updated 7:58am Wednesday 22nd January 2014 in News
Residents were evacuated from their homes after fire broke out at a block of flats.
Firefighters were called to Merrimede Close in Hastings at 6.15pm last night after fire broke out in a top floor flat.
Two residents suffering from smoke inhalation were treated with oxygen at the scene while crews using breathing apparatus, a hose reel and foam tackled the blaze and remained on scene for almost three hours.
An East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service spokeswoman said the building had been partially evacuated and that damage to the flat was likely to be “extensive”.
- Drugs mule who attempted to smuggle 70 bags of cocaine into Gatwick Airport is jailed
- Man dies after plunging 30ft from cliff
- Investigation launched after man dies three days after police arrest
- Gang steals watch with connection to Auschwitz
- Refurbished park gets coveted Green Flag status in record-breaking year
Comments are closed on this article.