Residents were evacuated from their homes after fire broke out at a block of flats.
Firefighters were called to Merrimede Close in Hastings at 6.15pm last night after fire broke out in a top floor flat.
Two residents suffering from smoke inhalation were treated with oxygen at the scene while crews using breathing apparatus, a hose reel and foam tackled the blaze and remained on scene for almost three hours.
An East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service spokeswoman said the building had been partially evacuated and that damage to the flat was likely to be “extensive”.
- Retail giant creates 100 jobs
- Travellers move on to St Helen's Park in Hangleton
- Chancellor announces major theatre boost on Brighton stage
- VIDEO: Nearly 2,000 bottles of wine stolen from Shoreham shop
- Green councillor changes mind on boycott of Israeli good and services